Blustery cold winter days with wind chills in the negatives makes it seem like the long, warm, lazy days of summer are a long way off. We miss afternoons spent out in the sunshine, sans coat, scarf, hat, and gloves.
But, I promise, those beautiful summer days will be here quicker than you expect. Now is the time to plan on how you want to spend those warm sunny days. Would you love to live by the lake and enjoy the water? Or how about purchasing a weekend home with lake views?
Now is the time to start your lake home house hunt!
As everyone else hunkers inside next to their fireplace to stay warm, there will be less competition for you as you look for your lake home. Less competition means its less likely you will encounter a bidding war on your dream home and will be able to get it for a lower price.
Additionally, you need to consider the length of time it takes to purchase a home. If you want to watch the spring season bloom from the deck of your new home, you need to get moving! It typically takes approximately 75 days (that 2 ½ months!) to get possession of a house once an offer has been accepted. That doesn’t even take into account the amount of time you need to find your dream home and the negotiation process! To put it into perspective, if you have an accepted offer on a home at the end of January, it could be mid-April before you unpack your bags!
There are currently several homes near the lake or located on channels that are for sale. Here are a few listings, you won’t want to miss:
- 3 Oakwood Lane, St. Marys – $99,900 – Channel front lot, 2 bed, 1 bath, 896 sq. ft.
- 5392 Behm Rd., Celina – $145,000 – Overlooking the channel, 2 bed, 2 bath, 1,070 sq. ft.
- 155 Notheana, St. Marys – $155,000 – Located on the channel, 3 bed, 2.5 bath, 1,624 sq. ft.
- 138 Lago Vue, St. Marys – $196,000 – Located on the channel, 3 bed, 2.5 bath, 1,764 sq. ft.
- 42 Causeway, St. Marys – $199,000 – located on the channel, 3 bed, 2 bath, 1,585 sq. ft.
- 148 Waterbury, St. Marys – $240,000 – located on channel, 3 bed, 2 bath, 2,061 sq. ft.
- 72 Southmoor Shores, St. Marys – $245,000 – located on channel, 3 bed, 2.5 bath, 1,798 sq. ft.
- 110 Marbellow, St. Marys – $249,000 – located on channel, 4 bed, 2.5 bath, 2,435 sq. ft.
- 80 Southoor Shores, St. Marys – $275,000 – located on channel, 3 bed, 2 bath, 2,184 sq. ft.
If you’re dreaming of a lake home, give me a call; I can help those dreams come true!
By Bonnie Marlow, Realtor, Cisco Realty