Valentine’s Day is just a few days away! Love is permeating the air! And as the place where you live with your family and share so much love, your home deserves a little love, too.
Your home is where the heart is – and as the setting for your family dinners, lazy Sunday mornings, busy weeknights and special moments spent together, your heart is your home. Owning a home brings its own brand of joy, but it also comes with responsibilities. When you’re busy packing lunches, cooking dinners and keeping up with the kids’ schedules while juggling your work life every day, sometimes those little cleaning and upkeep tasks can slip through the cracks and start to pile up and our home become a little neglected.
To celebrate Cupid’s holiday this year, here are some ways to show your home some love.
- Grab some flowers: There’s a reason we associate flowers with love and happiness, especially this time of year when the outside world is cold and gray. The next time you’re running errands, grab a bouquet. Apart from the beauty of the blooms, your home will smell wonderful.
- Change your furnace filter: The past few months your furnace has probably been running pretty regularly and you’ve probably been spending a lot of time inside; so treat yourself to some clean air! A clean furnace filter will reduce the amount of dust, dander and other allergens in the air, helping you to breathe easier. As an added bonus, changing your furnace filter regularly will extend your furnace life and reduce your energy bills!
- Declutter: It is easy to collect stuff, but let’s be honest, it just gets in the way. We all have it in our homes from the stack of mail that lives on the counter to the pile of toys in the living room. It’s time to go through it and either find a home for it or get rid of it. Rule of thumb, if you haven’t used it in six months; sell, donate or scrap it.
- Refresh your curb appeal: Make your home feel inviting and friendly. A welcome mat, door knocker or wreath can easily be done no matter what the weather is doing outside, and it will give an instant lift to your home.
- Hang some art: Artwork can transform any room in an instant. Choose a piece that appeals to you and complements your existing room décor. Try to bring in some color to brighten up your home during the short days of winter.
By showing your home a little Love this Valentine’s day, you will create a more welcoming and friendly space to enjoy with your family and friends. After all, this is where your loving memories are made.
By Bonnie Marlow, Broker/Owner, Cisco Realty